Through the month of April and early May, we held our very own momstown Pet Food Drive! We collected food donations and piled them up in the garage. We also received a very generous donation from Horizen Pet Food (a pallet of food to be exact!).
So, on Wednesday May 5 we headed to the KW Humane Society to hand over our donations and take a tour!
Part of the tour was learning about dog safety and how dogs prefer to be approached. I have to tell you, I am a dog owner, and even I learned some new things! I had no idea that dogs don't like to be hugged or kissed, and that they prefer just to be scratched under their neck?? Who knew? Or that if you are scared of a dog, you should act like a tree or lay down like a rock?
Then we met their resident mascot, Molly, who taught us some new tricks. Then off on our tour we went, where we met some kittens, ducklings, snakes (YUK!), dogs and birds! We will definitely be going back to visit soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment