momstown Kitchener-Waterloo

momstown.ca is for Kitchener-Waterloo moms and surrounding area moms throughout the Waterloo Region such as Elmira moms, Baden moms, Ayr moms, St. Jacobs moms, and Breslau moms wanting to connect for support, conversation and just plain fun. Our blog features some of our 25+ events monthly for moms and kids aged 0-6 years old. See more at http://kitchener-waterloo.momstown.ca

Sunday, June 9, 2013

momstown.ca Stands In their Truth at Fern Resort for Spring Conference

It's no secret to my peers, members and momstown community that I love the bi-annual momstown conference and the professional development I gain from it.  I also love the camaraderie and close connection it gives us momstown owners (and head office) as well.  We are after all, all about connecting and supporting moms, so its important for us to connect and be supported within the momstown family too.  I could go on and on at length about how much I love this group of women, how committed they are, what they sacrifice and what they stand for, but you probably have a good sense of that.  What I want you to know is how fortunate we are as an organization to be sponsored by amazing brands, family resorts like Fern Resort and to have each other.  Why?  Because they believe in us, as much as we believe in ourselves.  They see our impact and reach.  They know our value.  And they simply just want to be a part of it.
 
momstown.ca loves Fern Resort.  They are a great partnership for our business - they are an ALL-INCLUSIVE Family Resort that also accommodates business conference and meetings seamlessly.  After 2 conferences at Fern, I can tell you that they know how to keep a team fed (very well), focused and comfortable.  I am not kidding when I said family resort, the archery and recreation coordinator is the exact same friendly guy that keeps our beverages and sweets stocked in our conference room.  Awesome right?  And awesome doesn't end there for Fern.  I am amazed at the amount of activities and recreation available and organized for the kids and families that come to visit.  Just amazing.  There is SO MUCH TO DO!  When I think of Fern, I think of the cottage on the lake, where I don't have to lift a finger.  Simple, family fun. 

Highlights of this particular conference include an eye-opening and soul-searching coaching session with Jen Bodenham from Dreaming and Gleaming.  Who knew Feelings and Business go together?  And how important it is to Stand In Your Truth (my key take away from the weekend and my new mantra).   Another favourite highlight for me is the Mattel Games Night, where I usually have way too much fun with Apples to Apples (momstown style!).  These game nights always give us memorable moments that keep us giggling until we can see each other again.  Plus, while we are focusing, playing, learning and sharing, we keep stocked with little snacks too from Quaker Canada and Twistos!  We couldn't get enough of the Baked Snack Bites and the Quaker Harvest Crunch Treats..

Can you tell we were happy, relaxed yet focused while still enjoying the resort and each other?


If all this momstown love and growth wasn't fun enough, we got to take home a swag bag of goodies too! It was overflowing with gifts like: Brushes & Fab Hair Accessories from Goody Canada, Personalized Labels from Mabel's Labels, Pasta from Barilla,  Cereal from Post Foods (Alphabits!), Notepads and conference supplies from Walmart Canada and some yummy vitamins from Adult Essentials

I love every momstown conference and come back with even more passion that when I went (if that's possible), but this one holds a special place for me.  I vowed to find my true self again personally and I feel safe saying that out loud in my special momstown community.  I love this team, this group of women and all the wonderful things we learn and achieve together.   Stand In Your Truth.

Read more about our conferences here in the Inspiration & Perspiration and momstown Heads to the Boardroom at Fern Resort posts.


1 comment: