momstown Kitchener-Waterloo

momstown.ca is for Kitchener-Waterloo moms and surrounding area moms throughout the Waterloo Region such as Elmira moms, Baden moms, Ayr moms, St. Jacobs moms, and Breslau moms wanting to connect for support, conversation and just plain fun. Our blog features some of our 25+ events monthly for moms and kids aged 0-6 years old. See more at http://kitchener-waterloo.momstown.ca

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What momstown Meant to our Member Ramona As She Says Good-bye

Goodbye momstown…..

It wasn’t that long ago that I discovered momstown.ca and quickly realized what a great resource it would be. An older(ish) first-time mom, my friends either didn’t have kids or their kids were older. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing, no one to do it with, and few to ask.
The message board has by far been the greatest thing about my membership and is unlike any board I’ve ever participated in. It’s always supportive and helpful. You’ve answered my questions, confirmed my suspicions, and let me know that I am not alone in whatever I was going through. And what I love most about it is that it’s filled with other local moms that I have or will have met at some point. 

I credit momstown Kitchener-Waterloo for getting my daughter and I out the door and participating in activities that helped her and me. I’m a better mom for it. From crafts to walks, egg hunts to mom’s dinners, parties to bra fittings, the list goes on and on.
I’ve been witness to heartache too sickness, death, depression, etc. But once again, the network steps up and helps. Never have I seen a group of people so selfishly offer to help others.

I want to thank Paula for her tireless efforts in making the momstown KW chapter successful. The amount of work that it takes to plan so many events (not to mention all the other work that goes into running a successful business) often means that you don’t get to enjoy with your own daughter.

Sadly the day is quickly drawing near where Myiah and I will have to say our goodbyes to an incredible network of moms and the friends we’ve made.

When I knew we were moving two hours away, the first thing I did was look for the local momstown.ca chapter. Unfortunately there isn’t one in my new community.  So while we move in June, my membership doesn’t expire until August and chances are you will still find me lurking around the boards for a few more months.

Goodbye momstown and thanks for all the memories. Ramona & Myiah Kecman

2 comments:

  1. Have shared this on my Facebook page. What a nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great a post! Also sharing this on my facebook page!

    ReplyDelete