momstown Kitchener-Waterloo

momstown.ca is for Kitchener-Waterloo moms and surrounding area moms throughout the Waterloo Region such as Elmira moms, Baden moms, Ayr moms, St. Jacobs moms, and Breslau moms wanting to connect for support, conversation and just plain fun. Our blog features some of our 25+ events monthly for moms and kids aged 0-6 years old. See more at http://kitchener-waterloo.momstown.ca

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

momstown KW Embraces "I Am Small" at Tales for Tots

When momstown Kitchener-Waterloo started off the April Tales for Tots with the book “I Am Small” from Scholastic Canada, I was very excited!  I am one of those moms that has the tiny baby... the one everyone asks about, and thinks she is months younger than she is.   “I Am Small” struck a chord with me... and I LOVED the story, even going out to buy a copy for our own collection.

To celebrate baby animals and the story “
I Am Small” we decided to showcase how small we all are, by making footprint/handprint penguins as our craft for the day.



Tracing each of the little feet (or shoe- depending what was easier), and everyone’s tiny hands, we were able to put it all together into an adorable little penguin, just like the little guy in the story.

  



It didn’t matter how big or how small everyone’s hands and feet were, they all came together perfectly into a cute penguin, each one completely different, different shapes and sizes, just like all the penguins in the story.

Written by Christine K, our momstown KW Event Coordinator.

1 comment: