I try not to get too philosophical about life and the meaning of it, but after living it for a while, I have learned a few things along the way.. Its the stuff that no one tells you growing up, but becomes very clear to you as you progress through the highs and lows of life. Call it age, maybe wisdom, or even lots of experience.. but these are definitely the main lessons that I now know for sure.
(in no particular order).
12 Things I Have Learned about Life:
Loved ones will be taken from us way too soon.
Children will fulfill you and bring you so much joy.
You will figure out who your real friends are - the hard way.
Your life will likely not go the way you imagined it would, or planned for.
People do change, and not always for the better.
Heartbreaks are unavoidable, and will come in all sizes and forms.
We are our parents. We will probably mimick their parental skills, morals and values.
When parenting your own children, do what works best for you. Mother knows best.
No one is perfect. Life is about living and making mistakes. We should learn from them and grow.
If you have the chance, do what you love! (and constantly re-evaluate)
Loving someone is easy, its the rest of life's pieces that make the loving part challenging.
Go with your gut, always!
Regrets are always tough to reconcile and weigh heavily on you. I don't have very many because I have always jumped at opportunities and then deal with the benefits or consequences later (depending on the situation). How do you life your life?
You know that saying, "this too shall pass"? I love it and feel like it applies to many situations but this year taught me that it will not always apply. Do you have a favourite motto or proverb that gives you comfort or healing?
No comments:
Post a Comment