In The Pond of motherhood.....
Have you ever seen those moms... The ones with the perfectly
coiffed hair, meticulously applied makeup and freshly pressed clothes and
wondered how on earth she pulled it off? I have many days where I wonder how I
possibly found time to brush my hair and teeth!
With our "in the pond" theme, I found the perfect analogy for
those people... They are like little ducks.... Smooth and floating gracefully
on the surface, but have you ever watched their feet below the surface?? They
are moving so quickly to keep things moving, yet always maintaining their calm,
cool exterior.. I strive to be that mom! Instead, I rushed out the door only to
arrive JUST in time for our in the pond Tales for Tots at Chapters, throwing my
ponytail in as I set my daughter down to enjoy the Scholastic book “A Cuddle forLittle Duck”.
However unlike rocks on a pond, skipping this Tales for Tots
would not have been fun! momstown Kitchener-Waterloo had so much
fun making ponds and applying the ducklings in the best places we could find,
I'm so glad we made it (messy hair and all!).
All of the kids had a great time including some new friends from
Chapters Kitchener in our story and craft time, and I'm sure the moms appreciated the
time we spent together chatting about the chaos of summertime, but the
enjoyment of seeing our children have fun during the summertime activities!
Join momstown KW at Chapters Kitchener on the 2nd Wednesday of every month for our Tales for Tots program, always based on our educational curriculum theme of the month!




No comments:
Post a Comment